Bad Weather Wedding Tips for Getting Married Outdoors
Are you having an outdoor ceremony and/or reception on your wedding day? Have you considered the impact inclement weather could have on this? Read below on questions to consider when visiting venues and be ready for anything with our bad weather wedding tips.
- Does the venue have indoor space available in the event of inclement weather? Is it adequate for your guest count?
If the weather does take a turn, you’ll want a quick turnaround to make the indoor area ready for use.
Questions and Tips for Handling Bad Weather on Your Wedding Day
- Are the venue grounds and facility exclusive rental by one couple a day or are multiple couples renting the venue simultaneously? How might this impact your event in the event of inclement weather?
Very large venues may book multiple weddings on a single day, which could drastically limit your options.
- Does the indoor space have a capacity that is the same or larger than your expected outdoor guest attendance?
You don’t want some of your guests being left outside if the weather turns bad.
Outdoor Wedding Questions
- Outdoor: Are tents for the outdoor space available?
Depending on the size of the outdoor area, the venue may have large tents already set up.
- Outdoor: Are tents included in the cost of the venue rental or is there an additional charge?
Plan ahead to make sure there are no surprises to your budget.
Indoor Wedding Questions
- Indoor: What does a room flip look like and where do your guests go during the flip?
If your venue has done flips in the past, see if they have any photos available for reference.
- Indoor: Does the venue have adequate staffing to assist with the room flip or will you be expected to provide people to help?
It’s supposed to be your day, the last thing you want to do is start moving tables and chairs around.
At Cotton Gin No. 116 we know that your wedding day is one of the most important days of your lives, and no one expects bad weather. While we canít control the weather on your day, we do have a plan in place in the event of inclement weather.
We discuss the details of the plan and how it may impact you during the planning phases of your wedding so that if/when we have to enact it, you donít have to worry about the details. We have plenty of space in our venue away from our reception room, for your guests to mingle while our staff flips the room. It is our goal to provide you with a seamless and low stress day as much as possible, so you can focus on the important things, like getting married and starting your life together.
Now that you’re ready for anything with our bad weather wedding tips, book a wedding venue tour today and get started planning the rest of your life!